Combined Pre-Purchased Building
and Termite Inspection
Our combined Building and Termite inspections will be carried out at the same time by two of our independent inspectors, meaning that you will receive combined reports far quicker than if you were to have two separate inspections.
The Building Inspection will be carried out under the Australian Standards 4349.1 whilst the Termite inspection will be undertaken in accordance with Australian Standards 4349.3. We document all points of concern found during the inspections and discuss estimated costs of repairs if required.
The Building Inspection will include but not be limited to the following:
- Building interior
- Building exterior
- Subfloor area including piers, ant caps and ventilation
- Internal and external plumbing, including toilets, baths, sinks, and other similar
- Floors, walls, ceilings, windows and doors, with particular attention to the plaster and paint and presence of rising damp or moisture within the walls.
- All roof coverings, gutters, valleys, flashings and downpipes, as well as eaves, fascia and barges, skylights, vents and flues.
- External and boundary areas including paths, driveways, retaining walls, boundary fencing, surface water drainage facilities, decking, patios and balconies, outbuildings and trees or shrubs that are in close proximity to the house.
We MUST remind you that insurance companies do not provide cover for any damage associated with termites, pests damage.
Our Termite Inspection will be undertaken in accordance with the Australian Standards 4349.3 and will include but not be limited to the following:
- All timber within the roof cavity, mainframe work, flooring and sub floor area is inspected to determine whether there are signs of termite infestation.
- We further inspect internal floor and skirting boards as well as timber trims, wooden cladding, decking and any other visible timber fixtures.
- We will ensure that there are no damp areas, leaking plumbing within the property and will indicate any build-up of garden material that may be in close proximity to the main building.
- We undertake a thorough inspection of all wooden fencing, surrounding trees and outbuildings which could provide the ideal breeding ground for termites.
Once both inspections have been completed, we will telephone you to give an outline of the results of our inspections. This will be followed up within 24 hours by our detailed reports.