Combined Pre-Sale Home Inspection
Our combined pre-purchase building and termite inspections will be carried out at the same time by two of our independent inspectors. A combined report means that you will receive both reports more quickly than if you were to have two separate inspections.
The pre-purchase building inspection will be carried out under the Australian Standards 4349.0-2007 and 4349.1-2007 whilst the termite inspection will be undertaken in accordance with Australian Standards 4349.3-2010. We will document all points of concern found during the investigations and discuss the estimated costs of repairs if required.
The pre-purchase building inspection will include but not be limited to the following:
- Building interior.
- Building exterior.
- Subfloor area including piers, ant caps and ventilation.
- Internal and external plumbing, including toilets, baths, sinks, and other similar areas.
- Floors, walls, ceilings, windows and doors, with particular attention to the plaster and paint and presence of rising damp or moisture within the walls.
- All roof coverings, gutters, valleys, flashings and downpipes, as well as eaves, fascia and barges, skylights, vents and flues.
- External and boundary areas including paths, driveways, retaining walls, boundary fencing, surface water drainage facilities, decking, patios and balconies, outbuildings. We will also note trees or shrubs that are close to the house.
We MUST remind you that insurance companies do not provide cover for any damage associated with termites or pest damage.
Our Termite Inspection will be undertaken under the Australian Standards 4349.3-2010 and will include but not be limited to the following:
- All timber within the roof cavity, mainframe work, flooring and sub floor area is inspected to determine whether there are signs of termite infestation.
- We inspect the internal floor and skirting boards as well as timber trims, wooden cladding, decking and any other visible timber fixtures.
- We note damp areas and leaking plumbing within the property and identify the build-up of garden material that may be in near the main building.
- We undertake a thorough inspection of all wooden fencing, surrounding trees and outbuildings which could provide the ideal breeding ground for termites.
Upon completion of the pre-purchase building inspection and the termite inspection, we will telephone you to give an outline of the results. Our detailed reports will be available within 24 hours.
If you would like to know more about issues associated with termites including general advice to homeowners, have a look at the Victorian Department of Health information on Pest control.